A>Group Travel - Planning Tips For Group Leaders
Successful Groups Plan Ahead
Organizing and managing group trips can be a huge responsibility incluiding a number of tasks along the way. Justfares has put together this planning guide to assist group leaders in this process.
6-9 Months Ahead
Reserve Air Travel1. Contact your destination office abroad to confirm arrival and departure schedule requirements.
2. Call or email Justfares group department and they will help secure the best rate for your group.
3. Make reservations and/or purchase airline tickets. All fares are subject to change until under contract. Your Justfares Travel Professional will advise you when tickets must be issued to be eligible for the lowest available fare. (Taxes and fuel surcharges are subject to change until tickets are paid in full.)
4. Our specialist will do everything they can to ensure your group has the lowest rate possible. They will also notify you with any schedule changes.
5. Be sure to discuss your travel insurance options with your agent.
Pay Deposits1. Deposit amounts for group reservations vary depending on the airline and the destination. Once a reservation is confirmed a deposit is usually due within ten days, your agent will provide you with the full details for your specific reservation.
2. The deposit will be applied to the final payment with the following restrictions:
3. Tickets purchased in full by check: the deposit minus any penalties due will be applied to the payment in full.
4. Tickets purchased in full by credit card: The full amount of the tickets will be charged to the card. The deposit minus any penalties due at the time of ticketing will be refunded to the group.
Check Visa RequirementsTo obtain visa requirements for the country/countries that you will be serving, contact CIBT Inc Global Visa and Passport Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 929-2428.
Check Immunization Requirements1. Contact the Centers for Disease Control at www.cdc.gov/travel or call (404) 332-4559 to obtain the most up-to-date immunization requirements for the country/countries you will be serving.
2. Receive required immunizations. Also, receive updated immunizations for diphtheria/tetanus, polio, and measles/mumps/rubella if necessary.
3. Be aware of the time frame involved with completing the immunization process, as proof of immunization is required for obtaining visas in some circumstances.
4. If necessary, have all the immunizations that you have received listed on a card obtained from the World Health Organization (www.who.int/en/).
4-6 Months Ahead
Begin Visa Application ProcessSubmit signed passports, photos, and completed visa applications as required. For visa information and requirements contact CIBT Inc Global Visa and Passport Professionals at email@example.com or call (800) 929-2428.
2-3 Months Ahead
Organize Final Name ListNames are due 70-45 days prior to flight departure, depending on the airline, season, or destination. (Note: Names MUST match passports for people to travel.)
Verify Details1. Contact your group agent to verify final balance due and the date for final payment.
2. Verify all names on tickets and itineraries upon receipt.
3. Notify Justfares immediately of any corrections.
4. If you have not purchased travel insurance, it's not too late. Please check with your agent regarding your insurance options.
Obtain Baggage Regulations1. Ask your Justfares Consultant or contact the airline directly for the most up-to-date baggage regulations and restrictions.
2. Find out what the maximum free allowance per person is and what the fees are for excess baggage.
3. Some countries do not allow the import of certain items. Make sure everything you plan to take with you is acceptable.
2 Weeks Ahead
Notify Field Office of Your Arrival1. Confirm who is meeting you at the airport when you arrive and what to do if no one is there.
2. Obtain the addresses and phone numbers of the U.S. Embassies or Consulates in your country/countries of travel. This information is available from the U.S. Department of State (www.usembassies.state.gov).
Make sure each person traveling has:1. Airline ticket
2. Passport with visas
3. Vaccination and World Health Organization card (if applicable)
4. Copy of passport (kept with your carry-on). This will be helpful if your actual passport is lost or stolen.
Arrange Transportation to the Airport3 Days Ahead
Call the airline(s) to confirm flights for your departure and return.Day of Departure
All passengers must have:1. Airline ticket
3. Visa (if applicable)
4. Medical Documentation (if applicable)
Label LuggageMake sure all luggage is properly tagged.